Visions of Paradise

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Favorite rock and roll artists

While this blog is primarily devoted to discussions of fiction (primarily science fiction, although fantasy and historical fiction do appear periodically), my other love which helps keep me sane is rock 'n' roll music. So, with my readers’ indulgence, I would like to discuss music occasionally on this page.

Before I do so though, you should have some idea of my musical taste. I started listening to rock ‘n’ roll around the time the Beatles first came to America, and while my taste has broadened since then, it has not really changed considerably. On 9/15/04 I posted a tally of which authors I had the most books by in my collection. So here is the rock ‘n’ roll version of that list, a tally of which artists appear most frequently in my collection, along with a recommended album by each of them.

The Kinks / 39 / Muswell Hillbillies
Bob Dylan / 25 / Blonde on Blonde
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers / 25 / Damn the Torpedoes
Yes / 25 / The Yes Album
The Moody Blues / 24 / To Our Children’s Children’s Children
The Strawbs / 24 / Hero and Heroine
The Beatles / 19 / Revolver
Pink Floyd / 19 / The Dark Side of the Moon
Bruce Springsteen / 19 / Born to Run
Van Morrison / 19 / Saint Dominic’s Preview
Dion / 19 / Yo Frankie
Neil Young / 18 / Harvest
Chris de Burgh / 17 / Man on the Line
Richard Thompson / 17 / Shoot Out the Lights
Elton John / 17 / The Fox
The Who / 16 / Who’s Next
Jethro Tull / 15 / War Child
Rush / 15 / Signals
Metallica / 14 / Metallica (“the black album”)
David Bowie / 14 / Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Billy Joel / 14 / Turnstiles
Simon & Garfunkel / 13 / Bookends
Iron Maiden / 13 / Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
U2 / 13 / The Joshua Tree
Dwight Yoakim / 13 / If There Was a Way
Jackson Browne / 13 / For Everyman
Steve Forbert / 12 / Streets of This Town
R.E.M. / 12 / Automatic for the People
Creedence Clearwater Revival / 12 / Cosmo’s Factory
Emerson, Lake & Palmer / 12 / Works, Volume 1
Led Zeppelin / 11 / Led Zeppelin 4
John Lennon / 11 / Plastic Ono Band
John Hiatt / 11 / Slow Turning
The Band / 10 / The Band
Paul McCartney / 10 / Band on the Run
Allman Brothers Band / 10 / Eat a Peach
Joe Jackson / 10 / Night and Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home