Visions of Paradise

Friday, March 11, 2005

Answers to F&SF Quiz I

If you have not yet read the March 8 blog, do so before reading the following answers to the Famous Lines from F&SF Stories quiz.

And tell me honestly how many you got correct!

1. A Martian Odyssey, by Stanley G. Weinbaum
2. Nightfall, by Isaac Asimov
3. Arena, by Fredric Brown
4. The Nine Billion Names of God, by Arthur C. Clarke
5. Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes
6. A Rose for Ecclesiastes, by Roger Zelazny
7. Or All the Seas with Oysters, by Avram Davidson
8. The Big Front Yard, Clifford D. Simak
9. “Repent, Harlequin!” said the Ticktockman, by Harlan Ellison
10. The Last Castle, by Jack Vance
11. Riders of the Purple Wage, by Philip José Farmer
12. Nightwings, by Robert Silverberg

3 Comments:

  • I got 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 12. Largely because I've often re-read The Science Fiction Hall of Fame Vol 1, Ed: Robert Silverberg.

    By Blogger JP, At 8:27 PM  

  • You got the secret behind this quiz. All the stories in it appeared either in Science Fiction Hall of Fame, vol. 1, or The Hugo Winners.

    Soon I will post the post-1970s followup quiz.

    By Blogger adamosf, At 4:00 PM  

  • Eh. I only got the one from 'Flowers for Algernon.' I suppose I've got some reading catch-up to do.

    By Blogger banzai cat, At 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home