Visions of Paradise

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Summer vacation plans

Today is the first day of summer vacation, 73 hopefully-uninterrupted days that I can do some of the reading and writing that I had no time to do during the school year. My main writing project is final-editing the Tibet book while also writing a cover letter and outline to submit to publishers. Part of this is dependent on Fei Fei having the time to finish the last few chapters of her final draft, but I am confident she will take care of her part.

As for reading, I have selected 8 of the 95 unread books in my collection (which seems like a lot of unread books, but compared to thousands of books that I have read it is really a statistically-small number) to read. Hopefully I will post reviews of most of them during the next two months. The books are:

Iron Council, by China MiƩville
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell, by Susanna Clarke
Perfect Circle, by Sean Stewart
A Sundial in a Grave: 1610, by Mary Gentle
Ports of Call and Lurulu (in one volume), by Jack Vance
Pompeii, by Robert Harris
The Eight, by Katherine Neville
The Year of Our War, by Steph Swainston

Of course, I also plan to buy Jonathan Strahan's Best Short Novels: 2005 and Gardner Dozois' latest Best Science Fiction of the Year, so hopefully I can squeeze them in somewhere as well, plus finish the June issue of Visions of Paradise. Ah, I love summers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home