Visions of Paradise

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Favorite F&SF Movies

I am not a huge movie fan, partly because I don’t have a lot of available time to watch them (without depleting my limited reading time), and partly because when I do watch them I rarely like them as much as I do a good book.

So when I was selecting my favorite f&sf movies recently (with the intention of perhaps watching them again sometime), the list was not a particularly long one. Not included on this list are animations or superhero movies which, in my opinion, are an entire different category (which might appear here at a later date). Here is my list in roughly descending order of favorites:

1 The Wizard of Oz
2 Groundhog Day
3 The Time Machine (1960)
4 Dark City
5 Blade Runner
6 Forbidden Planet
7 King Kong (1933)
8 2001: A Space Odyssey
9 Star Trek: First Contact
10 Dr. Strangelove
11 Frankenstein
12 A Clockwork Orange
13 Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
14 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
15 War of the Worlds (1960)

1 Comments:

  • I love most of the movies on your list. But I also love The Matrix and Gattaca, so you might consider them if you have some movie time to waste.

    Jim

    By Blogger Jim Harris, At 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home